Super easy, budget-friendly and extremely tasty!
I am always looking for new recipes to try on my family, especially ones that will help me get more veggies into everyone’s diet!
During the Christmas break at a family get together this dish was one of many dishes available, it has to be one of the nicest creamiest curries that I have ever tried.
Needless to say, I had to give it a go! This recipe makes up 8 portions which make’s it perfect for batch cooking, chucking it in the freezer for a later date when you simply don’t have enough time cook.
I found it easy to cook and it took me roughly 15 minutes to prepare everything, and around 45 minutes to cook.
- 1 Large potato ( diced)
- 1 Small butternut squash ( peeled, deseeded, and diced)
- 1 Aubergine (diced)
- 6tbsp Tikka masala paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions( sliced)
- 680-700g Jar tomato passata
- 400g Coconut milk
- 2 Red peppers (sliced)
- 2 Courgettes ( diced)
To serve – A few sprigs of coriander, rice or naan.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180c fan/gas in a large roasting dish add the diced potato aubergine and butternut squash toss with 2tbsp oil and 2 tbsp of tikka curry paste to season the vegetables, you need to roast these for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, make up the curry sauce. In a large pan fry the onions in 1 tbsp of oil until they are softened and golden, you can add a splash of water should they start to dry out. Add the remaining 4 tbsp of curry paste and cook for 3 minutes, add the tomato passata, coconut milk along with 100ml of water. Simmer for a few minutes.
3. Next, when the vegetables have roasted, tip them into the curry sauce along with the sliced peppers and diced courgettes. you will need to simmer for a further 10-15 until all the vegetables are tender. scatter with the fresh coriander and serve.
This recipe went down a treat in our house this week and I’m happy I have a few meals in the freezer! #winning
I would love to know what you think if you give this a try and please feel free to share your favourite family recipes with me.